Monday, May 9, 2011

Grounded

I've struggles these past couple of months with finding stability in my life. As Jeff comes and goes with work, my world seems to crumble and rise. The delicate balance of my life seems to be tested by the increased work and travel needs of Jeff. The wave of persistent colds and a brutal stomach bug did not help with my struggles as it left me feeling more overwhelmed and isolated. Then spring came. The sun has come. We've gone for walks and bike rides. Thanks to some meds, an improved sleep routine and a blackened window, Little M. is starting to sleep well fairly consistently. Jeff returned...although not for long. Even Little M's fits which have been one of my hardest struggles have quieted. Instead of feeling like I was barely hanging on, I feel like dancing and singing and living life to the fullest. It seems bizarre to picture myself only days ago in such a broken state. I wish that I wasn't so emotional and vulnerable. I wish I could be more grounded. I feel slightly seasick from the constant back and forth motion of my emotion. I know that I can find that stability in Christ. I just need to remember to take my eyes off myself and my sinking ship and look up during the storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment