Sunday, March 27, 2011

Connecting

I began this blog to process my many thoughts on parenting a child with a rare genetic disorder. It began with a pile of papers by my bedside that I scribbled away on in the middle of the night, trying to find some peace and rest in my mind so that the rest of me could sleep. After hearing of other blogs, I decided to write my thoughts online to allow God to use it to connect with others if He so lead. After searching for my own blog and being unable to find it, I started to doubt that idea, but continued writing for the sake of posterity...like a permanent journal for my fleeting memory...and for a few faithful family followers. Then it happened. Last week, I received an e-mail from another parent of a child with Trisomy 8. She had found my blog and was wanting to connect. It made me smile and so thankful. God did use my simple little blog and blessed me abundantly by doing so. Since Little M was diagnosed I have wanted nothing more than answers and to connect with someone else in my boat. All the children's hospital could offer me was a website to a support group in the UK. After months of searching, I found a group online, but have been unable to connect despite various attempts to talk to the few other parents out there. I'm guessing they're a little busy too. However, that ache to feel less isolated, has remained. I find it amazing that God could use this blog to bring into my life the answer to this prayer. Little M and this other young boy don't seem to share too much in common, but at least there is another mom out there, who knows my heart in a way not many can. What a gift! I guess we never know what God will use, we just need to be open vessels and wait on His good and perfect timing.

1 comment:

  1. After reading my own post, I wanted to make sure I didn't ignore the many parents at the children's center and a dear friend from church that God has already placed in my life, to help fill this need and to share in this journey of parenting a child with unique challenges. I am constantly amazed by his timing and many blessings. I also don't want to underestimate the rich and vital support of the family and friends who have stood beside us and continue to hold us up despite their ability or inability to relate to some components of this specific journey. It takes a village! and boy do we have a great village!

    ReplyDelete