Saturday, July 31, 2010

All Packed Up and Ready to Go

I'm always excited at the idea of vacationing as a family...that is until the reality of packing begins. It never ceases to amaze me how much stuff is required for our family to go on a trip. Some is necessity and some is probably my need to cover all my bases. I am prepared for sunshine, sunburns, rain, bug bites, asthma attacks, allergic reactions, hot weather, cool weather, cold weather, playing outside, playing inside, playing in water, and just about everything in between. I guess I'm just not a fly by the seat of your pants kind of girl. I think I could be without the kids involved...or maybe not. Now that the flurry of packing has finished with only small spaces to insert the kids remaining in the vehicle, I can finally take a breath and begin to unwind. It's a good things it's a 5 hour drive, it will probably take every minute of it to get out of preparation mode and into vacation mode...unless we hit a traffic jam...then it's on to diffusing Daddy mode. It's ironic how even in times of abundant blessings...vacations etc. we can still end up stressed and grumpy. Joy is always a choice...even in the good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment