Sunday, September 19, 2010
Polka Dot Babies
A couple of weeks ago my boys developed a mysterious rash. They were truly covered from head to toe in tiny red polka-dots. A visit to the doctors and a throat swab later, we discovered it was part of strep throat. Sure enough only days later Little M became polka dotted herself and finished off the matching trio. After a week of amoxicillin the rashes were gone and the kids were back to normal...except for Little M adding an ear infection into the mix. Despite my love of fall and my increasing excitement over the coming Christmas season...yes, I'm already excited...I absolutely dread sick season. With lots of friends and family blowing noses and coughing, I know it's only a matter of time before the kids get sick again...especially with a sick Daddy in the house. I always struggle with the debate between living life and living in a bubble. We practically own stock in Purell and I try to be vigilant with hand washing, but with a son who licks everything in sight, sickness is inevitable. I think that play centers and public places will once again be limited as sickness increases, but at least with little M being stronger this year, we won't be quite so hermitish. It all comes back to that elusive balance. I will continue to struggle to find the balance this winter and to stay joyful in doing it. As days grow shorter and time spent indoors increases, choosing joy generally becomes a little trickier...as does peace and patience. However, it's still always a choice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment