Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Tears of Joy
It's been a while since I've blogged. Probably because things have been going well. It's generally at 1 am when I'm struggling through things that I blog to process. There hasn't been a lot to process lately except joy and hope. Funny enough that hasn't been keeping me up. I did try coffee at a speech course a couple of weeks ago, which did equate to one late night, but other than that...I've been getting some sleep. Little M has started the seasonal struggle with a never ending cold...4 weeks later we are at least at a clear runny nose and more random cough. We had an ear infection mixed in there, which is actually one of our biggest concerns for her this winter. A couple more ear infections and tubes become a real possibility. That said, glasses were a real possibility and a recent trip to Mac said she's doing great. She has astigmatism, but is doing great visually, so in a year we can probably cross one more department from our list at Mac. She is absolutely loving "walking" with us holding her hands. Hello backache...hello happy heart. She also started to sign "please" and is using it continually. Gotta love cookie motivation. Tonight as I took the kids up for bed and started a bath, Little M through a thrashing fit as I put her down to finish getting the tub ready. As I turned to glance at her, I saw her crawling...really crawling, not just dragging her body around. It was only a few feet, but she did it! As I put her in the bath and she splashed and kicked with joy, water covered my cheeks...but they were already wet. My heart feels so full. I look at her and see my wonderful daughter. I feel excited about her future rather than overwhelmed. I guess we're both growing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment