Wednesday, January 12, 2011
Bare Foot and Happy
Well Little Miss M continues to astound us. She is definitely off to the races concerning walking. This week she has taken numerous steps and is starting to take off walking on her own when holding onto objects. She is also being protective of herself, by placing down her hands and going down on her bum. This may seem insignificant, but it has taken literally over a year of therapy to get her to use her hands and try to protect herself with them. What a success!!! We decided to put her in her running shoes tonight as therapy is tomorrow and she needs to wear her shoes there. We realized she hasn't done any of her walking wearing them, so thought we should acquaint the two. After donning her shoes, she seemed more irritable and less desiring to walk, but it was also getting close to bedtime, so I assumed it was tiredness causing the grumps. However, when I led her to the stairs to climb up them...something she is loving doing...a full out fit occurred. She climb one or two stairs and threw her body back, screaming and thrashing her body. I tried to pick her up to see if it was just exhaustion and if she wanted to be held, but not so much. Finally she started smashing her feet on the floor and I clued in that it may be the shoes. I removed her shoes...which fit by the way...and she was once again happy and proceeded to scurry up the stairs to her bath. Oh, my dear determined girl...you are just like your Papa Ken, a whole lot happier in bare feet. Here's hoping we don't have a replay at therapy tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment