Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Update on Change

Well we've officially been attending our new church for two weeks. Week One went well thanks to a friend who tried to make some introductions and show us around. The kids all stayed in programs, so Jeff and I enjoyed a rare moment in service together. Week two was another story. I felt a little lost and isolated in a big crowd where no one seemed to care who I was. I came home in a sour mood and started doubting the switch. I've only really attended two other churches over my lifetime and both were definitely more like families. I craved the attention and concern and sense of community. I knew I would feel this way, hence Jeff and my 1 year commitment, to ride it through. As I struggled with my frustration over the day and trying to prioritize what it was I needed in a church...I clearly sensed God telling me that it wasn't about me. My interpretation was "Amber, get over yourself. It's not about you. It's about me." When I took myself out of the equation, I realized that at either church I can worship God and learn more about Him. I can also serve Him in either congregation. Yes, there is a need for fellowship, but as Jeff reminded me, I've got that already in my friends and will work on that via a small group at Bethany. So, I've simmered down and am going to keep choosing joy as I adapt to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment