Sunday, March 13, 2011

Denture Dread

My husband is a handsome man...at least to me. He may be a little short in the hair department, but I've barely noticed the sharp decrease in quantity over the last 10 years. However, he has. He notices the shifting hairline and the hidden white strands. I've always wondered why he seems so bothered and tried to encouraged him. Then it happened. I was brushing my teeth last week and noticed that my gums felt funny. When I looked in the mirror I discovered that my gum line was receeding in certain sections and definitely not looking stellar. I alerted Jeff to the possiblity that I may have gum disease. I brush and occasionally rally to floss. What was going on? Then it struck me. I'm deteriorating. I'm aging. This body of mine is not going to last forever...although I've certainly increased flossing and garggling to help hold back the process. Aging is not an easy thought to ponder. I know where I'm headed and desperately want to want to go to heaven, but it's completely unknown, so I struggle. I'm also not sure I want to go through the process to get there. I'm not so good with the unknown. I guess I'm going to have to go back to the trust. I either trust in God's goodness or I don't. Apparently this lesson is going to be repeated in my life in many more ways than with Little M. Hello dentures...I'm getting ready to meet you!

No comments:

Post a Comment