Sunday, March 27, 2011

Slowing Down and Gearing Up

I've been rather uninspired lately, so haven't written, but thought it was due time. I'm afraid that stomach flu has hit the house, so it was a quiet weekend. As it was only my eldest sick, it was actually almost nice as we stayed home and played too many hour of Wii and read stories and just hung out. I'm still holding my breath hoping that it ends with him. As Jeff heads out on another trip tomorrow my prayer is that he is spared. I can't imagine being sick on an airplane...not something I want him to add to his resume. I wish it didn't take illness to force us to slow down. For some reason I feel like I always need to be moving...probably because it's usually true. There always seems to be something needing cleaning or purchasing or a person needing a call. In the moments where I pause to read a book or play a game with the boys, I savour the stillness and that feeling of living in the moment. I don't understand why it seems so hard for me to find my way back to that place, why I always have the feeling that I need to be doing something else. That's my goal of the week...to live in the moment. There is a lot of blessings and joy to be found in those moments we tend to rush through. I know that the busyness of the week ahead will brush aside some of my idealism, but it's nice to at least look at the new week with high hopes!

No comments:

Post a Comment