Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Light fixtures, Bling and Other Shiny things

I was watching little M smiling at the light fixture and telling it tales of her admiration and I couldn't help but smile. There is just something about shiny objects and light fixtures that she finds irresistible. I was thinking to myself of how easily amused she is. I have bins of toys and books and feel the need to be stimulating her constantly and yet she finds pleasure in simply lying on a floor beneath a light. I've watched my boys do the same thing. Lately, Little H is fascinated with bugs and spends hours trying to find and hold ants. There really is something to be said for the simply things...or in Little M's case, the shiny things in life. I want to spend more time appreciating the things around me. Perhaps if I had a minute in my day to lay on the floor beside her, I too would find the light engaging...then again I may fall asleep. It's a hard balance to care for the many needs and demands of each day while still being present and appreciating all the parts that make up the whole. One more thing to work towards. Thankfully I have teachers and guides in every shape and size.

No comments:

Post a Comment