Monday, May 3, 2010
Water Baby
Today the sun in shining, the baby is napping and the boys are actually playing well together. A really good day. Unfortunately that is about to change as I go don my spandex swimsuit and head to the knee deep waters of the children's centers swimming pool. Three c-sections and way to much chocolate later, a bathing suit is about the last thing I want to wear, especially without even the slight mask of water to cover my bulging belly. It must be love. I think that is the only factor that would lead me into this situation every Monday morning. The fact that little M seems to turn into a floppy noodle when she hits the warmth of the pool only makes this scenario less appealing. She is suppose to be doing Physiotherapy in the pool to combat her low muscle tone...however, it seems to have the reverse effect. However, we persist. Call it commitment, stupidity or stubborness...we persist. I think as long as I feel like I am doing something to help her, I can continue to feel hopeful. I know that my hope needs to go beyond my efforts, and it does, most days, but I'm still learning to rely fully on Christ strength, realizing that He doesn't need my help. My hope needs to be based on His unfailing love, not the successes or failures of therapy with Little M. As I head to the pool, I pray that my soul can be as relaxed as Little M's body as it hits the warm waves.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey Friend,
ReplyDeleteI'm happy to be your first official "follower." :) Wish I could come with you. Hope today's swimming went well and that you got some relaxing in too.
- AF