Sunday, May 30, 2010

Roll Over

Months and months of therapy to achieve...success...annoyance...rolling over. Little M has rolled over before, but two days ago she began in earnest...and she hasn't stopped. In response to being put down on the carpet, she let out an angry cry and began to roll, and roll and roll. Upon discovering the ability, she has continue ever time that she is put down to roll...including nap time. Unfortunately, she hasn't coordinated the arms completely, so she usually rolls, pushes up on her arms and bellows until she is turned over. Which repeats over and over again. Some may find this annoying...but I see it as success. I am learning to see the body in a new light. Every body part that moves is amazing and requires work and coordination. It is by watching it in slow motion and pain staking effort over months of occupational therapy that I have come to appreciate each movement and really rejoice in this giant feat.

1 comment: